DISCLAIMER:
Welcome, or fuck you, depending.
I'm not here to tell you how many calories you can burn roller skating, I'm here to incite and entertain.
Take me or leave me.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Rollerblade Girl's Skating Mix


Before I was Auntie Social, I was rollerblade girl.  I even considered “Rollerblade Girl” as a derby name. I’m that skater in your town that keeps zipping past you while you’re dining on main street or shopping at the farmer’s market, and I’ve always got music blasting. Not only is the pace of the music a good motivator to keep skating hard and fast, but a good distraction when people who gawk or yell things out at you. And believe me, they do. One time while skating in Chico I passed a group of skate boarders loitering in a grocery store parking lot.  They were all sitting on a curb and as they saw me approach quickly collaborated something, and when I passed all launched their skateboards into the street at me. I masterfully performed a hop, skip and a jump and was on my way with a “Nice Try Boys” out of my mouth, …though to this day- I wish I had picked up one of their skate boards and booked it like hell yelling, “You can’t catch me!!!” Next time, …next time….

Anyway, wondering what I’m listening to as I whiz past? Here’s a taste.
“Skating Mix"
Circa sometime in College (2006-2008?)

This playlist is directly from my ipod, no omissions.


[This is the first track]



Rolling: Soul Coughing


Sound System: Op Ivy


Push It: Salt N’ Peppa


Rude Forever: MONKEY!


My Perrogative: Bobby Brown


Whip It: Devo


The Spirit of Radio: Rush


Cha-Cha-Ska: MONKEY!


Bad Reputation: Joan Jett


Go With Your Friends: Reverend Horton Heat


Fishgilz: Tin Circus


Punk Rock Girl: Dead Milkmen


Hey Young World Pt.2: Macy Gray


Before Too Long: Tin Cirucs


Get Free: The Vines


Fell in Love with a Girl: The White Stripes


Bohemian Rhapsody: Queen


Last Night: The Strokes


I Can’t Win: The Strokes


Highly Evolved: The Vines


Shankbon: The Slackers


What a Wonderful World: Joey Ramone

 
[This is the last track]

There it is. One of my favorites, and still in regular circulation. Gunna go skate right now.

Hugs N’ Shoves,
Auntie



No comments:

Post a Comment