DISCLAIMER:
Welcome, or fuck you, depending.
I'm not here to tell you how many calories you can burn roller skating, I'm here to incite and entertain.
Take me or leave me.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

100th Blog & First Banked Track Bout

THIS IS MY 100th BLOG!!!

In my opinion, there is no better celebration than the fact that I skated my first banked track game this month!




















On April 22nd, I had the honor and privilege of playing as a sub for the awesome 4th Street Retro Rollers of Long Beach Roller Derby. Not only was this the league's (and my) first banked track game, it was the premiere of the Rollers' brand new uniforms! Even though my parents live 5 hours north in the San Francisco Bay Area they still made the trip in order to see my return debut to the derby track. Also in attendance that night were derby greats Quadzilla, Blade and DumpTruck. It was a star studded event for sure! I just regret not having them all sign my helmet. That would have been fantastic! I did have an awesome time though. And did I mention we won against the Terminal Island Tootsies? 133-89! Check out the photos and the awesome video of this Earth Day game, appropriately titled "We Bleed Green".





 <- After our victory

The 'Rents

4th Street Retro Rollers for the win!

"We Bleed Green" Highlights from Long Beach Roller Derby on Vimeo.


No comments:

Post a Comment