DISCLAIMER:
Welcome, or fuck you, depending.
I'm not here to tell you how many calories you can burn roller skating, I'm here to incite and entertain.
Take me or leave me.

Monday, February 14, 2011

30 Day Photo Challenge in 1 Day


Day 01 - A picture of yourself with ten facts


I’m honest to a fault
I’m sensitive
I’m a cat whisperer
I had my first kiss at 17
I will never get a tattoo
I believe that you are what you love, not what loves you
I think every great American should have a place in their heart for Country music
I know that you know that I know that you don’t know I exist
I will not die it is the world that will end
2+2=4, weather permitting


Day 02 - A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest
















Me and Erin! We have lived around the corner from each other since we were 5, and our moms were both our troop’s Girl Scout leader at some point. We played in the band together for 9 years, we’ve been friends for more than 20 years, and I love her like a sister. This is me with her and her husband at her wedding.


Day 03 - A picture of the cast from your favorite show














Day 04 - A picture of your night



















Valentine’s Day. ‘Nuff said.



Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory










Any and all family vacations/holidays




Day 06 - A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day




















My mom. We have a lot of issues and I think if I could just trade places with her for even an hour, I’d get a glimpse into her life and maybe, just maybe, we’d be able to get along better.



Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item














My flute! If we are talking material possessions, it’s definitely my most prized. It can’t get me from point A to point B like my car can, but it’s got a hellof a lot more soul.


Day 08 - A picture that makes you laugh
















Me and my old roommate playing bumper cars hardcore



Day 09 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most




















Mom. A close second would be Dad.



Day 10 - A picture of the person you do the most ****** up things with










Allison! We haven’t hung out in years but we did enough fucked up shit in High School to have accrued quite a backlog of memorable adventures. We took an impromptu 10 hour drive to Disneyland once, got there at 7pm, ate dinner and got in about 7 rides before we had to turn around and go home. But it was the most memorable, fun awesome exciting spontaneous memory I have to date. This is me with her at her wedding.


Day 11 - A picture of something you hate

















Guidos



Day 12 - A picture of something you love
















Christmas Sweaters!



Day 13 - A picture of your favorite band or artist













The Slackers


 
Day 14 - A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without
















My goofy parents




Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die








  





Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you


















Pia Mess! She is an AMAZING athlete, excellent skater, top notch roller derby player and all around kick ass, beautiful person.




Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently















L.A. I’ve been moving and thinking and searching and reflecting. A lot of it has all gone down in this shit hole of a town.




Day 18 - A picture of your biggest insecurity















I am terrible at first impressions and am constantly inviting confrontations without intending too. Needless to say, I pretty much always look like this ^.




Day 19 –  A picture and a letter
















If you’re lucky enough to be my friend, I will send you cool art. Here’s my New Year’s picture for Patho Jen. I forgot I was writing “2011” and didn’t want to start over, so I was resourceful and just made it into “2000 and 11”.




Day 20 – A picture of somewhere you’d love to travel
















I have no idea why, but I really want to travel to the four corners. I think it epitomizes western expansion and the ridiculousness of how state lines are drawn. It’s just so purely American.





Day 21 – A picture of something you wish you could forget



 






My inhibitions.
ALL OF THEM.






Day 22 – A picture of something you wish you were better at
















I wish I was a better listener. I wish I could be a friend that people said was always a great shoulder to cry on and always provided an ear to listen, but I just run my mouth so damn much. I am always trying to work on this. =/





Day 23 – A picture of your favorite book













It’s too hard to narrow down an “adult” favorite book because life is ever changing and determined by so many moods. One month you might be really into one author and another year go through a whole stint of fiction or short stories or whatever. It’s much easier to pinpoint a childhood favorite book because that period of our lives is stuck in time. I can’t change what I liked as a kid. How I feel about Kurt Vonnegut today might change tomorrow, but I will always love “there’s a monster at the end of this book.” The whole book adorable little grover begs and pleads with you not to turn the page  because there is a monster at the end of the book, but of course you can’t resist. As a child the book makes you feel bad, and you just keep turning those pages. (Of course, at the end of the book, the monster is just silly lovable ole grover himself).




Day 24 – A picture of something you wish you could change













People with this mentality. If you know you don’t have to play dirty to kick ass, how about join a real athletic team?





Day 25 – A picture of your day



















Chicken with head cut off. ‘Nuff said.




Day 26 – A picture of something that means a lot to you
















My entire family.




Day 27 – A picture of yourself and a family member
















Me and my kitty Sora Wora. She died last week. )= She was 18 years old!!!





Day 28 – A picture of something you’re afraid of












I have recurring nightmares about plane crashes. I have flown a lot in my life too, I do not understand why in my adult life I have acquired this trait, except that I have simply become more aware of the fallibility of man and his creations.




Day 29 – A picture that can always make you smile














 
Oh the joy of sibling relationships! And parents! This is me trying to take a picture of my brother, who angrily tried to give me the finger, while my dad intervenes and shouts, “NATHAN!” And grabs his finger. The photo is perfectly timed, don’t you think? If you notice, he is eating a breakfast burrito and drinking from a 2 liter.





Day 30 – A picture of someone you miss


No comments:

Post a Comment