DISCLAIMER:
Welcome, or fuck you, depending.
I'm not here to tell you how many calories you can burn roller skating, I'm here to incite and entertain.
Take me or leave me.

Friday, November 19, 2010

Top 8 Drunk Derby Debauchery Quotes


My Favorite Quotes of the Weekend

(Bars on skates = More fun)




“NO! I want animal style fucking fries!!”
- yelled in my face by demanding drunk girl
              leaving the bar, about 1 a.m.


“Don’t put emotions in my mouth!”
            - Censored


YOU’RE a gated community!”
- bearded Zach Galifianakis-like guy after explaining to him I work for a publication that is distributed to the homeowner’s of a gated community.






“She has a great ass, but watch out, cause that ass will kick your ass!”

        
(Paraphrased)

- Ragin’ Ribbons in reference to Estro Jen







“I don’t want to talk about what I’m not doing, 
because I’m not doing that.”
- Estro


“Good artists copy, the best artists steal.”
 - Auntie Social
               (I didn’t actually say that, but see what I did there?)


Girl 1:  “My sister doesn’t play roller derby, she’s a Buddhist. She doesn’t believe in violence.”
Girl 2:  “What? But what we do isn’t violence, it’s a sport”
Girl 1:   “Yea. Well maybe she doesn’t understand what we do.”
Girl 2:    “I don’t know. Maybe she doesn’t understand Buddhism.”


“….And who wants to legalize pot?!”
- City Official’s impromptu weed endorsement into the microphone at League Championship game without consent of Long Beach Roller Derby. (Okay, the jury is still out on this one, but I liked it). 



So, these were all the best quotes of the weekend but the best moment in time of the whole adventure was by far skating to the after after party. After the game and following last call, Estro Jen, Anita Bonghit and myself skated away into the night as we disappeared down 4th street. As I watched Estro jump off of fire hydrants and bushes, I literally closed my eyes and thanked god for the ability to skate and for the friends I was meeting. Drunk skating in costume down the street at 2 in the morning with my new friends was my idea of heaven in that moment. For all the times Estro that you asked me if I was having fun, rest assured, I enjoyed myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment