DISCLAIMER:
Welcome, or fuck you, depending.
I'm not here to tell you how many calories you can burn roller skating, I'm here to incite and entertain.
Take me or leave me.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

10 things in 10 Days (and a partridge in a pear tree)


My childhood friend’s kid sister is an avid blogger, (and has a shit ton of followers no less) and did a post similar to this awhile back. The idea is to make one post a day for ten days, but Aly and I both decided to do all ten in one post. The idea reminded me of that 12 days of Christmas poem/song, so- in the same vain, 10 days from Christmas seemed an appropriate time to post this.
 

Day 1: 10 different things I would like to tell 10 different people

• My parents: Thanks for everything
• My brother: I miss you, let’s make up
• My sisters: Some day…
• Myself: I love you
• My ex: I forgive you, and me.
• Roller Derby: Wait for me!
• My teammates: Thanks for all your love and support
   (I’m counting my parents as two, my sisters as two, 
   and well… that’s 9.)


Day 2: 9 Things I’d like to share about myself

(I think sharing these 9 quotes that I like is more telling of who I am and how I feel about life.)

• “I will not die it is the world that will end” –Ayn Rand

• "I've heard you say many times that you're better than no one and no one is better than you. If you really believe that then you also must know you have nothing to win and nothing to lose." – Bob Dylan

• "I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.’" – Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

• "The older I get, the more frustrated I am to be learning, the flame for which I search, is the same one I've been burning!" – My Dad

• “I may detest what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” –Voltaire

• “If you call me a bitch with your eyes I will call you a bitch with my mouth” – Me

• “Never apologize for showing feeling.  When you do so, you apologize for the truth.” - Benjamin Disraeli

• “You have to sacrifice something to get where you are going.”

• “Success is the best revenge.”


Day 3: 8 Ways to win my heart

• New skates, new wheels, basically anything roller derby related.
• Neat looking blank journals, nice pens
• Wit, humor, funniness, comedy
• Smarts (street or book)
• A shared interest in the same authors or music
• Indian food or sandwiches
• A cute cat, or- any cat. 
• …and if all these fail, Pot


Day 4: 7 Things that cross my mind on a daily basis

• Family
• Skating
• Money
• Career
• Food
• Love
• Not getting hurt
                 (-physically. I don’t have health insurance).


Day 5: 6 things I wish I’d never done

I don’t live a life of regret, period. Sorry silly survey but I think outside the box!
Instead, I’m going to list 6 things I still hope to do.

• Travel to Europe
• Go to a Bob Dylan concert with my Dad and spend a summer on a lake in Minnesota 
• Re-define the sport of Roller Derby
• Write a stand up routine and perform it
• See the 4 corners (I have no idea why I want to do this)
• Start a family (ditto)


Day 6: 5 most important people in my life

• My whole Family
• All the chickies
• Roller Derby crew
  (that’s either less than 5, or way more than 5).

 
Day 7: 4 Turn Offs


“As if!”


• Conservatives
• White plastic sunglasses      (or, guidos in general)
• Tattoos
• Gum





Day 8: 3 Turn Ons

  (How is this different than ways to win my heart?)
• Intellectuals/Funny Guys
• Integrity
• Making out


Day 9: 2 emoticons that describe your life right now

:-?    and   :P


Day 10: 1 Confession

    I think I love you


Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment